How to Enroll
You’ve decided to pursue your fine art studies and are now in search of a comprehensive program that offers superlative training and a traditional approach to classical drawing and painting. Edinburgh Atelier of Fine Art (EAFA) is a good choice because it emphasizes a 19th century, European atelier technique that has a proven record of success. Whether you are at an amateur or professional level, EAA instructors are dedicated to helping you fulfill your individual artistic goals.
(click on table to enlarge)
Our 4 level program is designed to cater for students studying full-time, part-time, or even just on a drop-in basis. For this reason course completion time varies depending on individual attendance. Each level is modular and must be completed fully before moving to the next so course length is measured by progress rather that specific term times. The approximate study time from beginner to graduation is between 2 and 5 years.
January 9th – March 18th
April 10th – June 17th
July 17th – September 23rd
October 9th – December 16th
(You are welcome to begin instruction at the start of any month, even after a term is under-way)
(Click on table to enlarge)
*Plan A students operate on an hourly fee of £15 per hour. Introductory day rate £60 or half day £40 is also available by appointment.
Registration for the Fundamental Program
To reserve your place at EAFA, you can make a lump sum annual payment in cash, cheque or make monthly installments in advance by standing order. All cheques are payable to “Edinburgh Atelier of Fine Art Ltd”.
If you must withdraw from the program for any reason, a pro-rated refund will be issued if you notify EAFA at least 2 weeks prior to the first day of class for the year or term.
Payment Default and Special Circumstances
If you fail to cover tuition fees in advance, EAFA will conclude that you have withdrawn from the program and your place will no longer be reserved. However, you may be reinstated upon payment together with an extra month’s payment as security, which would be applied as a credit towards your last month’s installment. Exceptions may be made to accommodate severe financial hardship caused by medical or personal problems if arranged with the Directors. Please let us know as soon as possible if a problem arises.
Staying in Edinburgh
Edinburgh was voted the most the UK’s most “desirable city to live in”in a 2009 poll by YouGov. Out of those looking to rent a room in an Edinburgh flatshare, students account for about 52% of room renters whilst working professionals the remaining 48%. This is unlike most UK cities where professionals are usually in the majority. When looking for rooms to rent in Edinburgh that are near to the city centre, they can cost between £350 and £400 a month. Some landlords may include council tax with your monthly rates, but if not, it will be an additional cost of about £1100 per household per year. For those requiring an Edinburgh house share it can take an average of 24 days to find the right one, and when looking for someone to rent your rooms, expect to spend around 27 days searching for a suitable tenant. While Edinburgh is a relatively small city, bus services are extensive and cover the city centre and surrounding suburbs so your house share in Edinburgh should be within easy reach of where you need to be. Princes Street is the city’s main thoroughfare with shops, restaurants and cafes. For a night out, George Street offers plenty of bars, or perhaps check out some live music with your flatmate in Edinburgh at clubs like Cabaret Voltaire, the HMV Picturehouse or The Ark.
Edinburgh is home to three of the National Galleries of Scotland: the National Gallery on the Mound, the Gallery of Modern Art not far from Princes Street and the refurbished Portrait Gallery on Queen Street. Fascinating permanent collections and exciting visiting exhibitions make them a fantastic day out.
Wondering what to do next?
Your first step in pursuing your Academy training is selecting the Tuition Plan and Session schedule that meets your needs. If you have any questions, please feel free to phone us at 07547926851
or write to email@example.com
You do not need to have a portfolio of finished artwork to enrol because our teaching system is unique, and all artists will start with the Fundamentals. (If you are an experienced artist, you will progress through the program faster and more efficiently.) You are welcome to enrol at the beginning of most months, and we will try to accommodate special schedules such as a vacation session.
We look forward to helping you become the artist
you aim to be!