Students will need the following:-
- Titanium White, Lead White
- Cad Yellow Med
- Ivory Black or lamp black
- Raw Umber
- Red Umber
- Cad Red Med
- Burnt Umber
- Cad Orange
- Yellow Ochre light or Pale
- Earth Red: (Venetian, Persian, or, Indian red)
- Ultramarine Blue
- Alizarian crimson
Note: Purchase only Artist Grade paints. Do not use Winton or water soluable paints.
- Odorless mineral spirits (GamSol). Turpentine is NOT permitted in the studio
- Prepared acrylic canvas 18″X24″
- Linseed oil. Damar varnish is NOT permitted in the studio.
- Palette (Select one of the following) Glass or Wood – must be sealed Paper (Grey Matters)
- 2 Palette knives; long blades
- 2 Medium cups
- 2 Small jars for cleaning brushes
- Mahl stick (a ½ inch diameter dowel approximately 30 inches)
- Rags or paper towels or shop towels
- Knitting needle
- Bristle – natural or synthetic filbert 3 to 5 brushes from small to medium widths
- Soft hair – natural or synthetic filbert 10 to 20 brushes from small to medium to large widths.
- You will also require 3 to 5 liner brushes. No flats or round brushes.
Note: Brush sizes vary widely between manufacturers. A #6 from one manufacturer may be the same size as another’s #10.