Materials List for Figure Drawing on Toned Paper with Juliette Aristides
– A small sketchbook for notes and compositional sketches.
Other paper will be provided.
– Graphite pencils (grades HB, B, 2B, 3B)
– Sepia pencils such as Conté Pastel (not Conté Crayon) or Pitt Pastel
– Vine charcoal (packs of soft, medium, and hard)
Nitram is an excellent brand, which can be purchased online.
– Kneaded eraser
– 220 grit sandpaper (several sheets) for sharpening charcoal and pencils
– Artist’s tape
– X-Acto knife
– 12” bamboo skewer or thin knitting needle (to use for measuring while drawing)